Garbage disposal in the kitchen is one of the most efficient appliances which every home must have. It helps in eliminating time to time garbage from your household. You can avoid a huge pile of garbage in your home, being thrown out on the weekends. Looking to keep your garbage disposal system tidy and clean? This blog post has all the tips you need!
But this garbage disposal machine can make a big issue if something went wrong with it. Any repair will cost you a lot of bucks. A garbage disposal lasts for a lifetime, without a single repair, if maintained in the proper way.
Thus, you must take care of the garbage disposal regularly to keep it functioning. Cleaning of garbage disposal To maintain the good health of the garbage disposal, you must clean it regularly. First turn off the disposal, while the cleaning process is over. If some big objects get stuck in the disposal, then you must physically remove them. You should not put your hand, inside the disposal. Use sticks, tongs, or piles to get things out.
Here are some home tricks to clean garbage disposal
- Flush out the disposal of hot water. Hot water cleans more than cold water. It wipes off loose dirt or oil accumulation inside the disposal.
- The combination of ice and salt helps to clear out the disposal system. It is the best way to remove hard waste deposition inside the disposal. Flush out two cups of ice and one cup of rock salt. The grinder blades will crush the ice; this will sharpen the blades and remove the unpleasantness.
- You can also free some white vinegar, into ice cubes, then put it into the waste king l-2600 garbage disposal. You can use old toothbrushes or scrubs to clean it manually.
Removing Unpleasant Smell In Garbage Disposal
Most of the time, the accumulation of food particles in the disposal, emits a pleasant smell. Here are some tips for eliminating the odor.
- One or two-quarters of lemons will work the best to eliminate the odor. Other citrus fruits like oranges, grapes, and lime can also work out. It leaves a pleasant-smelling kitchen.
- The combination of vinegar and baking soda is a powerbomb to eliminate the smell. Put two to three tablespoons of baking soda in the disposal, and then pour a cup of vinegar. Keep it for some time. Then turn on the disposal and flush out hot water.
- Borax will also do the job, which is an alternative to vinegar.
What To Put In a Garbage Disposal?
- The primary rule is to put only biodegradable materials inside the grinder. Avoid putting sticky items or cooked recipes into the grinder. Only throw the materials which are biodegradable food items.
- Do not turn off the grinder as soon as, you have completed throwing your waste. The grinding process takes time. Even when the grinding noise stops, don’t turn off the grinder. Run water for a few minutes then turns it off.
- Do not put oil or greasy materials inside the drain. This will stick it and attract more debrides, which will lead to clotting.
- One good habit is to cut food particles into small pieces before throwing them into the garbage
Benefits of keeping a Neat and Clean Garbage Disposal System
Anyone who has ever had to clean out a garbage disposal knows the importance of keeping it clean and organized. A properly maintained garbage disposal system can not only help you save time, but also help keep your home clean and sanitary.
Here are some of the benefits of having a clean, organized garbage disposal
- It will save you time. Because your garbage disposal is kept clean and organized, it will take less time to clear away all your food waste.
- It will keep your home clean and sanitary. If your garbage disposal is not kept clean, debris may build up over time which can lead to poor sanitation in your home. This can cause health hazards for you and your family.
- It will reduce the amount of trash that ends up in landfills.
Keeping your garbage disposal system neat and clean is a simple task that can be easily accomplished by following these common-sense tips. If you have any additional questions or want to learn more about keeping your garbage disposal clean, please don’t hesitate to reach out to a professional. Remember to regularly check your disposer for blockages and replace the waste disposal filter if necessary. Read More.